Recipe brought to you by the Auckland Seafood School
- 600gm Snapper fillets, skinned and boned
- 300gm baby agria potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, a few leaves chopped and rest for garnish
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Red chilli, sliced for garnish (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 220c.
2. Add the potatoes to a medium pot of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Cook the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until you can pierce easily with a knife, drain.
3. Place the cooked potatoes in an oven proof pan, dress with olive oil and seasoning and cook for 10 minutes until roasted. Remove from oven and keep warm.
4. In a fry pan on a medium heat, add olive oil and cook the onion, garlic and rosemary until soft (approximately 3-5 minutes). Add the tomatoes and vinegar and cook until the tomato starts to soften. Set aside.
5. For the fish lightly season the fillets with salt and pepper. Heat up a large pan, add olive oil and when hot gently place the red snapper skin side down in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until just cooked.
6. To serve, place potatoes on the plate, top with tomatoes and serve fish on the tomatoes with a squeeze of lemon.