Recipe brought to you by the Auckland Seafood School
Crispy Market Fresh Fish Fillets With A Vietnamese Slaw And Citrus Dressing is a perfect recipe for the whole family and a simple dish for those on a busy schedule.
Follow our quick and easy steps below and you’ll have a delicious dinner in no time!
- 600gm Market-fresh fish fillets
- 50gm butter (diced)
- Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp crispy shallots to garnish
- 1 lemon quartererd
- 1/2 daikon, julienned
- 1/2 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 wong bok, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup pantai chilli paste
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Prepare the fish fillets evenly into 4 portions. Pat dry and check for any scales. Gently score the top of the skin with a very sharp knife to make little cuts.
- To make the Vietnamese Slaw, mix together daikon, carrot, bean sprouts, wong bok and herbs.
- For the Citrus Dressing, combine chilli paste, lemon juice and canola oil in a bowl. Set aside until required.
- To cook the fish fillets, heat up a large fry pan on a medium heat with a little olive oil. Once hot place the fish skin side down in the pan and cook this way on medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Then turn once, baste with butter and remove the fish fillets from the heat.
- To serve, mix the Citrus Dressing through the Vietnamese Slaw and place in the middle of the plate serve the fish fillets on the side with the remaining citrus dressing. Top with crispy shallots and garnish with lemon.