For those who might be new to cooking prawns, or otherwise love a good chilly kick. This is a quick and easy recipe to get you started!
If you’ve never tried Szechuan sauce before you’re in for a treat – it’s crazy good. It is the perfect mix of spicy/sweet and goes with just about anything!
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (approx. 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil, for stir-frying
- 500g peeled and cleaned prawns, tail on
- 250g chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Feeling fiery? Use extra Sriracha and red pepper flakes.
- Thaw prawns if using frozen.
- Using a bowl, whisk together – sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, Sriracha, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Set it aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli and stir fry for a few minutes until tender.
- Next add the prawns and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then sdd your sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Once fully cooked the prawns will be pink, opaque and curled.
- Top with it chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve alongside steamed quinoa or rice and top with additional red pepper flakes and soy sauce to season. You can even add an optional drizzle of Sriracha to kick things up a notch or two!