Ready in 25 minutes
2/3 Tbsp shiro miso (sweet/mild miso paste)
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp honey
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp white pepper powder
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Approx 500g mullet fillets (or any fresh fish fillets)
1 spring onion, sliced into long pieces
1. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients except the fish.
2. In a dish, use fingertips to coat fish fillets gently with marinade, add the spring onion lengths and set aside for ten minutes to marinate.
3. Heat oven to 200° C on grill. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set a rack on top.
4. Carefully lay the fish fillets and spring onion pieces on the rack, and spoon over any left-behind marinade.
5. Grill for 10 minutes until the fish fillets and just cooked through and starting to crisp up at the edges.
6. Serve with steamed short-grain rice and Asian greens.